Only eleven days to go!

Paikea

Heading off the New Zealand in eleven days to fish for Kings and Snapper out of the Coromandel for two days then Trout fishing the Waikato for 1 day.

Taking my son in law and best mate for his birthday, two of his mates are joining us so we have the boat and two Trout guides to ourselves.

Simon rings me up at least once per day totally excited about going there He has not stopped smiling since I rang him earlier and asked him if he would like to come fishing for his birthday present. He jumped at it and assumed that we would be going to Fraser Island or similar. When I told him NZ for Kings and Snapper he nearly jumped down the phone at me.

Its great to have a much loved family member share my passion for fishing and be able to share a great trip with him.

Getting excited myself writing this.

Oh and Simon will work the Go-Pro so should have some pics when we return.

Cheers

Paikea

Have fun in coromandel, amazing beautiful place... Caught a lot on the rocks next to the whangapouha boat ramp there, big snaps and kahwaii, also a lot of big Rays. It's an amazing place in the world. Looking forward to heading there in April!

Have fun in coromandel, amazing beautiful place... Caught a lot on the rocks next to the whangapouha boat ramp there, big snaps and kahwaii, also a lot of big Rays. It's an amazing place in the world. Looking forward to heading there in April!

I know what you mean tef, I fished there in 2009. Blew me away.

Following are some pics of that trip.

Cheers

Paikea

Never got into those kings but I wish I did, only saw them smashing every live bait around except mine. Have an amazing trip, it certainly is a fishing Mecca! Looking forward to hearing about it.