Good morning Mr. Snapper

Scratchie

G'day raiders,

Just a quick report from this morning as I only had an hour to fish!

This weekend is our shoal bay fishing club comp. After having to work all day yesterday and the arvo weather pretty ordinary, I had no idea when I was going to get the chance to wet a line. So after a brief conversation with the mrs, we decided we'd get up early and go for a fish. We got to our spot at 5:30 to watch the sunrise and cast away! The wife is on first to a "pretty little fish" (wrasse). And I managed another "pretty little fish" (parrot fish). Every cast from then on we were getting baited and then I had a better take and landed a nice little panny at 40cm. Then the next cast with an unweighted half pilly, I cast to the same spot, then bait drops down and a bit then bang zzzzzzzzz. Oh yeah baby here we go. The little pfluger was screaming off. My thoughts now turn to how lazy I was not to use a new leader and how was I going to get this thing in. Anyway, I played him for a while and managed to slide him up the rocks! Woooohoooooo! Now the call from the mrs was please throw him back! "I will tomorrow babe".

post-24974-0-06530900-1415480631_thumb.jpg

Got home within an hour to the kids still asleep and a nice 63cm snapper in the esky! At least I've got something to weigh in! :)

Thanks for reading,

Cheers scratchie!!!

Nice reddie there Jeff :biggrinthumb:

cheers stewy. will taste good on the barbie

That is a good fish Scratchie. Might have to head back that way and throw out a line.

When you do let me know and we'll tee something up

Good Job,

Not a bad result for a quick hour fishing.

I know. What a shame the mrs had to work. They were on the chew.

Top fish there mate and in an hour!!!

when they're there, they hit hard. Love that zzzzzzzzz

Not a Bad effort actually Bloddy Awsum Jeffery :-) give me a call re next weekend mate .

Cheers Oziodin

Yep about the same size as when I went with you last time up here. Call you soon mate! I got the time off so will be there Friday!

Nice red, Jeff!

Baz

Top fish Scratchie, good work to pull it from the rocks, great eating size!

Healthy red, well done

have to set up real early one morning or go on the boat and burley up!

Thanks guys!

And yes son, we just need to find the time! Now get off your phone and do your school work!

Nice Red Scratchie

On fire!!

JD!

Thanks mate. Just doing my best.

Not bad for 1hr fish before work

Well done Scratchie

Stickybeak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers langers, you must be a busy man. Haven't heard from you in a while. The reds are in the chew atm but finding time to get out there and chase them is the problem. At least I can have a go from the stones near my house. Catch up soon matey!