PB luderick on SP after work :)

Witha

G'day raiders!

So after what feels like an endless doughnut streak or at least sub par performance as i continue my bream efforts I managed to grab 15 minutes on the drive home at Rozelle for a flick. Any chance is a good chance right?

Well first cast with my lava wriggler on a 1/24 got punished by a decent strike that ripped drag but pulled the hook....Great start I'm thinking big bream for sure.

Next cast: tiny tiny subtle tap, thought it was just a picker having a crack but struck anyway. Came up solid to some decent weight, no blistering runs and some head shakes so called it for a flattie. But it just wouldn't surface! Kept planing me up and down the rock wall never sizzling off but just never coming up, then I saw black and silver and knew I'd got onto a sweet luderick. Sneaky buggers fight so dirty! Bricked me 3 times on the rock/ weed outcrops and I had to slack line him to get him out! Finally he came up...and I realised I'd just downgraded to 4lb leader so lifting him up the wall would end in heartbreak. Next did some fancy footwork that would make a mountain goat proud and got him over to the steps. Beautiful fish came in at 40 cm and a pb for me. Not a skinny fish either as you can see from the photo. Thick and healthy. Released with a big grin only to have my jighead ripped off the line next cast by something I'd like to catch next time haha.

15f47a67ad8bad2b64c518dbcca697ce.jpg

Lots of fun and good to test myself on the angling skills with light thread.

Thanks for reading guys, hoping a few.more sessions will produce something just as fun.

Witha

Smashed it dude! Great job, especially managing to get the fish out of the snags along that wall and making it all the way to the stairs. Looking forward to seeing this new-found nifty footwork on the banks of the Cooks sometime soon ;)