Braid For Floatfishing

appoooh

It does float as a rule, but you can make mono float too. The oldtimers used to use vasolene on the line (just put some on a cloth and pull your line through it) personally I prefer the fly line treatments (seem to last longer and dont feel as greasy).

I think that you will find braid to be less abrasion resistant than a good mono, there are quite a range of tough monos out there I think siglon still makes one and wacko was talking about a yo-zuri one not long ago

http://www.fishraider.com.au/Invision/inde...wtopic=7302&hl=

Good luck with it mate, those pigs are tough buggers!!!

I use it for blackfish because it floats but the light 4lb and 6lb can stick to light floats on heavier floats the weight of the sinker pulls it through to the stopper so I use 10lb on my luderick rod You do have to take it easy fighting the fish so you dont pull the hook out of there mouth

I use it for blackfish because it floats but the light 4lb and 6lb can stick to light floats on heavier floats the weight of the sinker pulls it through to the stopper so I use 10lb on my luderick rod You do have to take it easy fighting the fish so you dont pull the hook out of there mouth

66474[/snapback]

Sounds great, but there is no net benefit, there are plenty of purpose made float lines, plus vaso and musicilin for floatants plus the stretch of mono helps, its cheap, etc etc etc, it not like you need to detect bites or anything

Matt