Boat/trailer rego

Fab1

Hi guys, I want to re-register my boat/trailer sometime this week or next thats been expired since march this year.

I realise I need a blue slip which the mechanic down the road can provide and I have all paperwork etc as im the original owner.

Can someone confirm if I need a weighbridge certificate and if I need to get her off the trailer for the inspection when the blueslips done as i've never let any of my regos on boats/cars lapse.

Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I8730T using Tapatalk

I recently went through a similar scenario.

I bought a boat from interstate which had at one stage in its life been registered in nsw and I had the nsw papers.

Due to this the trailer didn't need to be weighed.

So in answer to your question your trailer won't need to be weighed an the boat can stay on or the blue slip.

I did a lot of research into this earlier in the year as my boat is 6.6 m so taking it off the trailer was going to be a real pain

Cheers

Thanks guys, the weight is on my rego papers and the trailer will pass no worries as it's basically brans new as is the boat with everything in good order.

Just wasn't sure if the boat would need to come off mainly, but I didn't think so.

Also do I need a permit from the roads&maritime to take it 3mins up the road for the blueslip (im guessing i do)as the last thing I need is a fine, and roughly how much is it?

Thanks again guys, I really need to get back out on the water as this long layup I've had is starting to get to me.

Cheers.

They don't do a permit. And that sign people write up...'TRAFFIC' ....don't mean s....t

You are allowed to tow it directly to the nearest Blue Slip station. Also (but you don't need to) weighbridge. And RMS depot if going to,pay the rego and pick up the plate.

To cover yourself on the safe side, all you need is the papers and the proof of the booking for the blue slip, name and address phone number would suffice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Cheers guy's, will do what you guys suggest.

I'll drop in to the mechanic on my way past to go to paradise(work) tomorrow without the boat to organise for a later date either this week or next.

Guest Aussie007

ive done a fair few unregistered vechicles over the years, u need to call the blue slip mechanic and book in your trailer than your legally allowed to tow from the place u store the trailer to the mechanic and back (if pulled over the cops will follow u there or possibly call to check)

if your trailer is home made or doesnt have builders plate you'll need a weigh bridge ticket, if u have a builders plate the trailer weight will be stapped onto the plate or be recorded on the mechanics computer but your old rego papers will be enough

the boat must come off although some mechanics will do the blue slip with the boat on the trailer

Organised the blue slip this morning with the Mechanic for Monday.

When I asked if I needed the boat taken off the trailer, his responce was "nah mate, the blokes that want it off are just xxxxholes" he said just bring your rego papers and trailer on Monday.

Im liking him already.