Navionics Platinum+ problem

Benzeenees

I bought a platinum plus chart about 18 months ago. I used it without any problems in a Lowrance HDS5 gen 1 plotter/sounder. Recently I upgraded to a Lowrance HDS7 gen2 plotter/sounder. The plotter detects the chart but I mostly get a low resolution chart (a bit better than the built in Lowrance chart, but not very accurate). Occasionally I get the full Platinum + chart, but not often.

The chart comes on a micro SD, with an Navionics SD adapter. Can I use a different adapter to see if there is a problem with the contacts? Can anyone suggest anything else I can do to get the Platinum+ chart back??

Help please!!

out of curiosity, you are having the problems on the water??? I only ask cos I bought a new hds10 and have paltinum + card, however when I put it in my sounder (boat in garage) I got no chart at all. I took the boat out of the garage and it worked fine. Have you maybe tried to do a soft or hard reset on your hds unit, or re uploading the current software version.

out of curiosity, you are having the problems on the water??? I only ask cos I bought a new hds10 and have paltinum + card, however when I put it in my sounder (boat in garage) I got no chart at all. I took the boat out of the garage and it worked fine. Have you maybe tried to do a soft or hard reset on your hds unit, or re uploading the current software version.

I'll try that next time I'm at the coast. Yes, the problem occurs on the water. The first time the full chart came up was outside the garage! I've already installed the latest software. Thanks for the suggestion.

Edited by Benzeenees

More than likely, if you phone lowrance they will get you to try a soft and hard reset anyway. Jump on the lowrance website, I'm sure they have a troubleshooting section. If that doesn't help, phone them up during business hours for help perhaps. Could you post the outcome also as it may help other in the future??

For your interest you can do the resets anywhere mate, just take the boat out of the garage lol

Hope you solve the problem mate.

Cheers

Mick

I've done a soft reset, but it didn't help. Next time I'm at the coast I'll try a hard reset. But I need to save my data first. I tried turning the unit on outside the garage, but now I can only get the navionics low resolution chart (or the even lower resolution lowrance chart).

I'll give Lowrance a ring tomorrow. Maybe they've come across this before.