How big and what is it?

thefisherman6784

I'd call "Very very big"

I remember watching a fishing show when the host was fighting a monster Marlin for 2-3 hours, it was 20 feet off the back of the boat and jumped, then the line had a dead weight on it. They reeled in a Marlin head and estimated its weight at over 1200lb based on the thickness and length of the beak. I'll try and dig up the video...

Makes you think - if the marlin was 1200lb+ how big was the shark to bite it in half in 2 seconds?!!

I'd call "Very very big"

I remember watching a fishing show when the host was fighting a monster Marlin for 2-3 hours, it was 20 feet off the back of the boat and jumped, then the line had a dead weight on it. They reeled in a Marlin head and estimated its weight at over 1200lb based on the thickness and length of the beak. I'll try and dig up the video...

Makes you think - if the marlin was 1200lb+ how big was the shark to bite it in half in 2 seconds?!!

Yep, seen it. Absolutely mind blowing. Yes, some very big scary bitey things out there!

It was a Black Marlin at Cairns this year. There were guesses in the 1200lb range but they are just guesses. The story was taken down at one stage as the boat didn't want to be hammered with abuse from greenies. We had a fish several years ago over 1000lb attacked by sharks at the boat and generally the pack of big whalers in the 600lb range do the most damage.