Black fish sashimi?

eastwood1980

Okay too put all myths at bay the bigger older fish ca have a worm get a nice fat 30cm fish off the rocks and 99 times out of 100 it's worm free beautiful firm translucent flesh not a lot of a bloodline like the bigger fish and I find the smaller fish have a finer texture have smoked the fillets had them ceviche and sashimi and they are lovely as long as kept alive and fresh then bled gutted cut the spine I the gut cavity fillet and skin the belly is exceptional! Same goes for sawtails (better than any sashimi I have had in a shop and for that matter any other species) so before you say all luderick are full of worms fillet one you see they're not and the wor seems to be most prevalent incsydney harbour fish over 35 s on average any under rarely see it! Hope this clears it up for those wanting to try it!

Edited by luderick -angler

Okay too put all myths at bay the bigger older fish ca have a worm get a nice fat 30cm fish off the rocks and 99 times out of 100 it's worm free beautiful firm translucent flesh not a lot of a bloodline like the bigger fish and I find the smaller fish have a finer texture have smoked the fillets had them ceviche and sashimi and they are lovely as long as kept alive and fresh then bled gutted cut the spine I the gut cavity fillet and skin the belly is exceptional! Same goes for sawtails (better than any sashimi I have had in a shop and for that matter any other species) so before you say all luderick are full of worms fillet one you see they're not and the wor seems to be most prevalent incsydney harbour fish over 35 s on average any under rarely see it! Hope this clears it up for those wanting to try it!

Gotta agree with you mate surgeonfish sashimi is great!