Combined Boat and Car licence

BalmainBob

I just discovered that from 1 December this you you can combine your Boat licence with your drivers licence here in NSW.

Here is the link the RMS site with all the details

http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/roads/licence/combined-licence/index.html

I will be combining licences when I renew next year.. It will be one less bit of plastic in the wallet.

All they need to do now is to add the fishing licence to it as well/

cheers

Bob

I have heard they want to combine the demerits too, so break the road rules suffer on the water, break the water rules - suffer on the road. Excellent idea! Will get rid of half the idiots on the water and the road all in one go!

Reading that link, there is nothing there about combining the demerits.......

Mind you one thing I thought was a worry, was actually having to spell out that both licences must have the same name and Date of Birth........really?...bugger

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mind you one thing I thought was a worry, was actually having to spell out that both licences must have the same name and Date of Birth........really?...bugger

Good idea. On the combining of demerits. It specifically states that the licences are separate and if one is suspended or cancelled due to enforcement action, a replacement of the unaffected licence will be provided at no charge.

"Suspended or cancelled licences

If one of your licences is suspended or cancelled because of enforcement action, you will need to attend a Service NSW centre or registry taht conducts maritime business to be issued with a replacement of the licence not affected by the enforcement action. The replacement licence will be issued at no fee.

Suspended or cancelled licences will not be reprinted."

Baz

Edited by Berleyguts

Aye - Just on what I was referring to on Demerits, I believe they are or were thinking of trialling it in QLD. where all Plane, Boat, Car, Bus, Truck licenses are all combined and lose one - lose them all. The person who was mediating my boat license exam told me about it.

Its a great idea!

I would not like to see anyone lose their boat license because they lost their car license although it poses the question how would you get the boat to the ramp!

But seriously, these days where you are in a different speed zone every time you turn a corner, and double demerit points either side of actual holidays there has been a record number of perfectly safe drivers losing their licence in recent years.

So much so that the demerit points were reviewed on certain offences in response not just to public complaint but to the mounting court costs of desperate drivers having their day in court trying to keep their license.

I have never lost my gold license incidentally but I do accept that you can have a bit of bad luck these days without being a dangerous driver.

Edited by fragmeister

Dont laugh but that made me check my details,

Car Lic. Boat Lic bank & credit cards have one spelling (politically incorrect)

but Medicare passport & birth cert are correct

Brett

It will be interesting to see how they work the mechinics , eg , I have just renewed my drivers licence for 5 years , my boat licence expires in Jan 2015.

If I recall correctly , the max period for a boat licence is 3 years

Also , being a pensioner my drivers licence is free. I did not see any reference to this aspect & if my boat licence becomes free or I need to pay.

I don't mind paying but they need to cover this point

Geoff

Geoff

When your car licence becomes due for renewal, your boat licence is adjusted to the same date. If you car licence become due on the 1 June and your boat licence still has say 6 months to go to expiry you would only have to pay for a 4 y 6 month boat licence to bring it in to line with the car licence.

Bob

Geoff

When your car licence becomes due for renewal, your boat licence is adjusted to the same date. If you car licence become due on the 1 June and your boat licence still has say 6 months to go to expiry you would only have to pay for a 4 y 6 month boat licence to bring it in to line with the car licence.

Bob

Bob that sounds to be the most logical way , will be interested to see what happens when my boat licence is due in Jan .

Geoff