Jiggly morning off Sydney

saltrix

Took my boat out for the first time in a few months as my fishing mate is away who likes to use his boat, and my son was down from Brisbane and likes to fish.

Started a bit late from Tunks Park (6am) so didnt troll around Dobryod thinking North Head would be better, but it was so rough there that we decided to give it a miss and head for the calmer water that usually occurs once the bounce back from the cliffs stops around Manly.

At DY wide it was not too bad but I was feeling a bit seedy after spending 10 minutes with my head down trying to work out my GPS.

Got a few fish and had a visit from a couple of Albatross (Juvenile Indian Yellow nosed) of which one posed for a photo enabling me to look them up.

post-3961-0-95354400-1417168583_thumb.jpg

There seemed to be a lot of Sergeant baker which took the bait as soon as it hit the bottom, wasting a lot of time and bait but we managed a feed before the mal de mere overtook me for the first time in many years and we headed home about 10.30,

We did not see many boats out but they were not ideal conditions, the sea was not big but was confused making it hard to move around and with the head down taking fish off and sorting things out it was unpleasant.

post-3961-0-13050600-1417169153_thumb.jpg

The fish was nice for tea tonight.