at the moment i am looking towards a light ugly stik 2-6 kg :thumbup:

any suggestions?

cheers

Tom

P.S. i am loading it with 6lb fireline

and i will be spinning a lot of metal slugs around 15g

Edited by lurespinner

Lurespinner,

Since you are getting a nice reel why not match it to a nice graphite composite rod?

There are plenty around. Look at the Strudwick range, Shimano raider range, Berkley dropshots, Daiwa heartlands and even the new Pflugher rods are well priced.

It all comes down to money of course but there is even the Gloomis and Daiwa Heartland Z range and although they are pricey they both make exceptional rods.

I would not bother with an Ugly Stick due to its glass construction ( not a shot at the rods as I have one but its a heavier stick ) as the graphite sticks combined with braided line offer superior feel and strength. You will feel the slightest touch on a combo such as this and it can double as an esturary combo and a light offshore combo.

Cheers

Lee

I would suggest the new Pflueger rods as Lee has mentioned.

Really nice stick for the money (best prices around $130). They have a couple of sizes 2-4kg and 4-6kg from memory. My mate Nick at Port Stephens has just got himself one for our snapper sessions on plastics and he loves it!!

Cheers

Byron

Just put a Capricorn 2000 on a Raider Finnesse and its a nice combo. The Capricorn seems to be a very strong reel for its size and the Raider is light enough for small plastics and also strong enough for bigger stuff as well so im getting a very good multi use combo with this rod.

I agree with Lee put a nicer lighter rod other than an ugly stick on it if you can otherwise you wont fully benefit from this reel.

well i got the capricorn 2000 today and love it :biggrin2::biggrin2:

to match it i got a Pflueger 7' 2-4kg trion spin rod

already had a cast in the driveway and it is better than i had thought :thumbup:

thanks for all your help guys and i hope to see you out there soon :1prop:

cheers

Tom

p.s. caldia was almost $100 more than capricorn :1yikes:

Edited by lurespinner