Cooks River and Botany Bay

Went solo today for a look around the bay as I want to get some fish for donna to eat as per her request.

Started in the Cooks hunting jewies in the dirty water and while plenty of tailor and bream no jewies on the run in.

Hit the bay armed with my heavy 30lb stick and some poppers and tried every yellow marker for zero kingies with no takers but a small bonus is there are plenty of quality tailor to be had on chrome lures and I brought one home for dinner for the better half.

It got a little windy so I belted back to the Cooks for another shot at the silver slabs and it was hard work and when I finally hooked up on a decent jew the bloody loop knot slipped without a whimper and he or she was gone....I thought I would never have this problem again but through laziness I didn't do enough turns and lock it properly and I knew when it let go it was my stupid fault....so I just stared at the spot where it let go and laughed at myself and then gave myself a triple upper cut. It was good going for a long run out on the bay and I was one of only two boats out there.

No pictures as I am still whacking myself up the side of the head :bash:

Find the bust ups? Those tailor are good fun on light gear! Wish I had the day off work, been a harsh slog this week! Next time I'll bunk off to keep you company!

Do you find dropper knots are not worth the time these days with 3 way swivels the better option?

Find the bust ups? Those tailor are good fun on light gear! Wish I had the day off work, been a harsh slog this week! Next time I'll bunk off to keep you company!

Do you find dropper knots are not worth the time these days with 3 way swivels the better option?

It was a loop knot to my 5 inch jerk shad...I don't do bait lmao

The yellow markers hold kings at times that run along the runway and the medium halco rooster poppers are great cast next to them from around 30 mts and pop them quick and wait for the bang

That sucks mate !

I quite literally practice tying knots at my desk at work and in front of the tv at home. My wife hates the bits of braid and leader scattered around the house.

Loosing a fish to a busted knot has given me many sleepless nights. Commiserations

I have caught heaps of jewies but I have been tying knots for years and it was just laziness and it wont happen again I tell you :angry:

• 2 weeks later...