Botany Bay

fiveflies

Hey Raiders,

Today CaptainLukey and I went out in his boat to have a crack for some Kings. We put in at Kurnell just before 7 and headed straight across to trevally alley to catch some yakkas. After about half an hour there was no interest despite a good burley trail running.

We then moved to the artificial reef nearby and got the burley going again. This time plenty of yakkas and so we soon had a couple of livies over the side with big circle hooks in them. Stayed here for a couple of hours while the livies swam around with absolute no interest at all. We were fishing with our light rods as well hoping for something else over the reef. CaptainLukey landed a lovely bream at 33cm which he has donated to me for dinner tonight.

post-34651-14179361926163_thumb.jpg

After getting nothing else and no interest in the yakkas we then had a bash at the drums. Again no luck so decided to go for a few drifts off Brighton for flatties. Tried this for around half an hour with no joy.

Decided to work our way back to the ramp when we came across birds and a big bust up. We slammed on the anchors and starting casting metals into the water and it was a tailor a cast for about 45 minutes. It as a huge school and they were ravenous.

A great way to finish off the morning, we probably caught around 50 fish releasing them all except for this one that I landed which is joining the bream for dinner tonight!

post-34651-14179365019439_thumb.jpg

All in all a great morning, slow at first and no kings but a great end with tailor madness.

Until next time.......

Edited by fiveflies

Hi mate pity to hear you didn't hook up to any kings today.

I was also in botany this morning and we hooked up to 5 rats, none of them legal :(, not even close actually none over 55cm.

They were patchy but when they swam past they were pretty thick and they were absolutely not interested in taking yakkas today.

All wer taken on Fresh squid and butterfly jigs which were smashed on the surface.

Let's hope he bigger models move into the bay soon, better luck next time mate