jb kings sat morning

terilyn

Finally had some luck on the kings at jervis bay. Drew01 and I launched 1030pm fri night and tied up to the moorings with the plan of putting some baits out 4 a shark and getting some livies 4 sunrise. Got an hrs sleep, 10 yakkas or so and went over to point perp at sunrise. Drew01 down rigged a yakka and I cast a big surface shimano orca into the cliffs as I had done a fortnight before with no luck.

This time however the kings were on.

Spectacular watching big schools chasing the lure and hitting it with everything. This continued from 0530 to 1030 when we left them biting due to the storm. Probably 30 kings landed all up all between 60 and 70cm. There were definitely bigger models amongst them too. We noticed a lot of flying fish around the bay perhaps a reason they were so interested ib this particular surface lure. Silvery grey color.

Cheerspost-16650-0-39823400-1417997992_thumb.jpgpost-16650-0-39823400-1417997992_thumb.jpg

Edited by shane8

Would have been magic day if you were catching top water kings and left them biting.

Going down to JB in a months time.... This will be our 3rd time and really need a turn of luck as the last couple of sessions were slow.

You have me inspired to keep persisting

I got smoked by a large model with a live squid 3 weeks ago didn't act quick enough and got reefed whilst setting the drag

my mate seen 4 20 kilo king fish when they were diving got to love that place but too many boat some times in the 1 spot cant be good my mates seen a 2 m grey nurse shark there as well