Fishing Maroubra Beach

SquidMarks

Hi guys,

Im planing a fishing trip to Maroubra beach but i have never really fished the area before.

Im fairly experienced at beach fishing having fished extensively on the central coast and south coast but i have always for some reason avoided the big smoke beaches.

Having a look on google maps is giving me an idea to try next to the rocks on the north end of the beach but again, im just trying to make an educated guess.

Im also keen to catch a few beach worms and target whiting so im wondering if maroubra beach holds any.

Any tips (wether through pm or in a reply) would be much appreciated!.

Whiting... probably not the best place to get them!

Personally I find 2 spots productive for Salmon and Tailor. First is about 50 meters right of the rubix cube at the north end - the main issue with this is the rocks straight out in front of the cube, either use a heavy sinker to pin your bait in place or dont fish this spot else you'll lose gear. I found Bream, Salmon and Tailor here on Yabbies or fresh squid strips hooked onto a flasher rig.

Second place is more popular, right in front of the blue surf club - its the best rip on the beach but gets very busy. Same set up of a heavy sinker and a flasher rig with squid have provided Salmon and Tailor.

I assume you're fishing at night as this is a massively popular surf beach and fishing/surfing don't really go well together. Expect a couple of crabs also.

• 1 month later...