Port Hacking mixed bag

Yowie

Headed out to near Lilli Pilli bathes at first light. Lobbed out some pillies, missed the first 4 hook-ups from tailor then landed the 5th one, only 31cm so that is probably why they were hard to hook. After that the fish disappeared and did not return. Nothing to be seen jumping either.

Let a couple of pillies drop to the bottom for a 37cm blue spot flattie and a blue swimmer. Have caught the occasional blue spot flattie near Lilli Pilli over the years.

Pumped some nippers and drifted various sand flats for 2 bream of 27cm, 2 whiting of 28 and 32cm, a just legal flounder that was returned, and a 55cm dusky, the only decent fish of the morning. Lost plenty of nippers to small whiting and tarwhine.

Mixed bag for sure!

I'll be out that way camping at Bonnivale in a week or so.

Not taking the boat so its Deeban spit for me... hope the fatties are on.

Cheers

Jim

Well Jim,

do you mean the fatties (eating and drinking too much) or the flatties :mfr_lol:

Hope you catch something, there are a few flatties scooting about but a bit of water between them.

Edited by yowie

Well Jim,

do you mean the fatties (eating and drinking too much) or the flatties :mfr_lol:

Hope you catch something, there are a few flatties scooting about but a bit of water between them.

LOL,

A bit of both probably.

Must confess to a little over endulgence when we go camping ... in fact through the whole Christmas period.

Maybe with a bit of space between the fish I can work off a sausage or two.

Cheers

Jim