Charging my battery

woy woy col

Hi I am hoping I may be able to get some help on this matter. My battery in my tinny is in a very awkward position so I am intending to install a water proof Anderson plug in my quintrex explorer to keep a small battery charged.
The power from the battery is for lighting/ sounder/ bilge pump/ and plumbed live tank the sounder along with the other electric’s would not be in circuit when charging. However the alternate would remain in circuit it’s only a 25HP and there is no ignition switch
Connecting the 25amp smart charger across the battery may damage the diodes in the alternator I am not an auto electrician and hoped there may be one among the people here on the forum
I may have to fit an Isolation switch…… Could I get some feedback on this please?
Just one other thing the battery is an AGM so I believe there is no gas problem but who knows I may be wrong about that

woy woy col :)

If you want to contact us after the 5th, we can help you with everything.

I would fit an isolation switch, that way you can be sure there is no drain on the battery when it is not in use, so if for some reason you don't have the charger on, your not going to dead flat the battery.

Charger just needs to be suitable for an AGM, and I would go with a smart charger, like the C Tek, if you are setting this up to charge the battery at home and keep,it topped up, a 25A charger is way overkill, you don't need to charge it that quickly.

Dropping to a smaller charger, also allows you to drop the wiring size, and use a waterproof plug instead of an Anderson Plug.

We stock everything, including Anderson Plugs, if necessary we can supply with wiring connected, and terminals fitted ready to connect. And yes we deliver.

Roadrunner 9607 5774

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If you want to contact us after the 5th, we can help you with everything.

I would fit an isolation switch, that way you can be sure there is no drain on the battery when it is not in use, so if for some reason you don't have the charger on, your not going to dead flat the battery.

Charger just needs to be suitable for an AGM, and I would go with a smart charger, like the C Tek, if you are setting this up to charge the battery at home and keep,it topped up, a 25A charger is way overkill, you don't need to charge it that quickly.

Dropping to a smaller charger, also allows you to drop the wiring size, and use a waterproof plug instead of an Anderson Plug.

We stock everything, including Anderson Plugs, if necessary we can supply with wiring connected, and terminals fitted ready to connect. And yes we deliver.

Roadrunner 9607 5774

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thank you Ian I will give you a call after the 5th

Col