Help, Retrieving my boat from the water

top breamer

Hi guys,

Been a long term member and I am looking for some advice with retrieving my tinny from the water.

BOAT: 375 DART

ISSUE: when retrieving my boat after a solid days fishing, upon low tide I struggle getting into my boat house as I am faced with sand flats.

I would like to see if something can be done so I can get the boat in and out no matter what tide on my own as I am heavily dependant on others.

Cheers!

What about a set of beach wheels, they make foldable ones for tenders with fairly arge inflatable tyres, you bolt them on the transom, fold them down and then lift from the bow.

You could always put one on the bow as well.

If you did that with a winch, would be real easy.

One thought with a winch, would be the distance, 20m or so, depending how much load is on boat to the sand, you may need to rest the winch, if it's electric, every minute or so, so you don't burn it out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The gradient is very little nothing more than 5° and its mostly soft wet sand.

I currently run the small pump up clip on type single leg wheels that mount to the keel and top of the boat but they just dig into the sand and make a mess.

where could these beach wheels be bought ?

Edited by top breamer

Get some artificial turf the lenght from the lowest low tide point, bolt the top end to the boat house and just roll it out to the tinny then use the winch to pull it up the turf run. There are plenty of options available at Bunnings, just find one that seems to provide the least friction of them all and do it that way.

No need then for any fancy dollies to be made or any beach wheels to be bought as they wont be cheap. Just some good old fashioned fake grass that will protect the sand and the bottom of your boat at the same time. Thats what I would do.