Minn Kota start up issue :(

numbnuts

Hi guys , went out on the water today only to find out that the I- pilot would not respond to "turn" commands . It would only move a few centimetres in either direction and stop. It was not stuck and the prop responds to commands and all batteries are new and charged . Has anyone had a similar issue ? Very frustrating

Mine sometimes plays up, like it's not getting the signal. A bit like when you point the remote at the TV but something's in the way. I thought it might have been the battery in the remote but I'm not sure. When I get time I'll see if Minn Kota has a troubleshooting guide that answers the question. Let us know how you go.

Baz

• 3 weeks later...

OK. It took my a while to get on to this. I went out on Thursday and the Minn Kota sometimes failed to respond to the steering command from the remote. I did some googling on forums and I just dug out the manual (have to download PDF from the net). There is a learn function on the iPilot which allows it to learn to communicate with the remote. Press it down for about 3 seconds, then press any button on the remote for 3 seconds and you should hear 3 beeps.

I just tried this in the driveway and it seems OK but there may still be a slight delay in the turning function occasionally. Pressing the button more firmly seemed to help. Reading the forums, it could be a bush issue. However, I think mine's OK - I might try lubing it lightly at the depth collar. I think that's where it's sticking. I am yet to test it out on the water.

Hope this helps.

Baz