Jervis bay Christmas and new year

Sydneyfisher12

G'day raiders

I headed down to Jervis bay for Christmas and New Years and did a lot of fishing and here's how I went

We arrived on Christmas late. We had a house right on the river and I was hoping that the fishing was good I needed bait so I headed to monna monna creek to get some yabbies I got them and had a quick fish but only got a small blackfish. I headed home for a fish and only got a few small flathead and a bream

The next day I went down and didn't have much success the yabbies were just getting picked off by tiny fish. Something interesting did happen I hooked something good finally as I was winding it in I got massive weight I brought it in and at my feet was a monster flathead easily 90cm+ I had no net it was at the house and it was sitting their not moving so I put the rod in the holder and ran for the net I got about 1 meter and the drag screamed off and then nothing but a small weight I bring in a 26cm whiting still alive the flathead had taken the whiting while I was winding it in I was amazed other than a small sting ray and a few small bream that was it for the day

The next day I was booked into a charter out of Jervis bay we went out of the bay to a kingy spot and started jigging with 250g jigs there were plenty of kings around I must of caught 20 one was 64cm but that's the biggest we got the charter operator said we should go for snapper but we had no luck trying plenty of different spots for nothing so we headed into the bay for flatties and ended up with 7 nice ones and a mowie we moved further in the bay and caught some squid and then headed in.

The next few days were really quiet with fishing and me only catching a few small flatties and a couple of nice blackfish on weed and prawns.

On New Year's Eve my family went to monna monna creek and I brought my rod i didn't bother with yabbies as they just get picked by little fish so I used a small surface stick bait and had some awesome fun on the surface I landed 10 whiting out of about 40 hook ups biggest 30cm and a small bream and small flathead all fish except the bream were caught in a max of 50cm of water. It's awesome seeing a fish come up and slam your lure. That night we watched the fire works at huskisson and they were great.

The next day we had to leave but we would stop at kangaroo valley to fish for carp it was really busy with people swimming and kayaking bit I did eventually manage a good fish of 67cm which went so hard.

That was the end if my holiday and it was a great one with some great fishing had

Hoe you all had a great Christmas and a happy new year

Cheers sydneyfisher12 post-33466-0-35665800-1420099785_thumb.jpgpost-33466-0-25523100-1420099963_thumb.jpgpost-33466-0-15524400-1420099995_thumb.jpg

Guest hawkesbass

Nice effort there seamus.

Nice family holiday for you.

Did you get the weed on the way down here or did you find sao e at jb?