Help with barometer readings

Camo1808

Rightio so im slowinf becoming a better fisherman and having more consistent results very very much with the help from this site and everyones advice.

My main learning curve is to put in the hours and do heaps of research. So now im having better results by choosing the right tides/times/baits/areas for right species.

Now I need help with barometer readings. I notice alot of people talk about the barometer levels and that. I need to know anything and everything about it. I use the app willy weather so always have a barometer reading in my fingers just need to know when is the best time. Is it different for different species. Does it vary to beach foshing or kayak estuary fishing?

Thanks guys

i havn,t read byrons post but knowing him well it would be a long read lol one thing i will say is a rapid rise or fall can really bring on a feeding frenzy one example off this was trolling for bonito around the gap and south we were picking up the odd one hear and there and a storm hit with lightning the fish went nutts for a good half hour when i got home i checked the bp and there was a sharp drop right on the hot bight just an example cheers gary

I've enjoyed learning from this post, so thanks guys. The post by jewgaffer is great.

It got me wondering if I could buy a barometer that showed a bit of history, like in a graph, so you could see if it was dropping or rising. So far I haven't found anything like that but did come across this website that shows some history

http://new.mhl.nsw.gov.au/data/realtime/barometric/

Cheers

Waz

• 4 weeks later...
Guest zanderman

I honestly have caught good fish on all different readings…so i have adopted the theory that having a bait in the water is better than no bait and i think it works well enough!