Squids are back in Lake Mac

calvinching

Hi Everyone,

First of all, happy new year. Have not got a chance to do any fishing until yesterday.

Wind was too strong yesterday but it doesn't stop me from fishing :) Anyway, got 16 of them within an hour during dusk. Other fishos standing next to me had a go but to no avail. I guess type and color of the jig makes a different hey?

post-32580-0-81110700-1420759243_thumb.jpg

I am using a Ymashita 2.0 Pink squid jig by the way.

Have a good weekend guys

Bobby, had 2 of them to go with dinner. Still thinking what to do with the rest, maybe to keep it as a bait, or maybe curry them? lol. For me is more like sharing and exchanging knowledge to people fishing next to me, well outfish them will be an extra

• 2 weeks later...

Nice, What jig were you using?

Same jig, Yamashita 2.0 Pink squid jig, I have only 1 jig in my box. They seems to be working really well. Is not cheap to pay 20 bucks for a jig. But it totally worth it. You might need to travel down and do some jigging together!

They are all in my freezer now, looking into putting some of them in the harbor this week!

Nice, Just don't wash them with fresh water. Makes them useless for bait

Same jig, Yamashita 2.0 Pink squid jig, I have only 1 jig in my box. They seems to be working really well. Is not cheap to pay 20 bucks for a jig. But it totally worth it. You might need to travel down and do some jigging together!

yeah the pink seems to be the winning color at the moment. $20 isn't cheap but you can't beat fresh bait. And if you don't use it as bait it's awesome to eat.

Nothing worse when losing a good squid jig though. Lost my fav last week. RIP.