Cod?

Belligero

Hi Guys,

Headed out last night for a jew session under the rip bridge. Managed a few flatties before hand which were all released.

Anchored up next to the 100ft drop off. Decided to try some jigging as I was getting bored. I managed to bring this bloke up. Awesome fight on a 2-4kg 6lb line 8lb leader. Head shakes were crazy.

I'm stull unsure what it is exactly, Esturary cod? I released it to fight another day.

Mozzies become intense to the point I called it a night at 9PM!

Heading out with Hooked 58 to try land some nize flatties!

Cheers.

post-24014-0-18130500-1421381295_thumb.jpg

Estuary Cod indeed... if it was 400lb heavier id call it a Goliath Grouper. Very similar looking fish.

Good catch... Nuclear chicken plastic?

the size of that fish would indicate it grew up there and was not a straggler from up north in the warm currents. Very rare indeed and a great catch. Good to hear you released it but that is an amazing catch for the Rip.

all the best

hope your jewie comes soon.

I caught that fish on the 7-1-2013 at the Woy Woy rail bridge!....lol. I thought I had a nice Jew or Flathead at the time as it pulled pretty hard. I didn't measure it but at a guess sizing it up using the oars and life jackets it would be almost identical in size to the one you caught.

post-16211-0-40589900-1421689255_thumb.jpg

I caught that fish on the 7-1-2013 at the Woy Woy rail bridge!....lol. I thought I had a nice Jew or Flathead at the time as it pulled pretty hard. I didn't measure it but at a guess sizing it up using the oars and life jackets it would be almost identical in size to the one you caught.

Nice. What did you catch him on?