Your plans for the long weekend?

Belligero

Hi All,

Thought I would start a thread to see what fishing plans you all have for this long weekend.

The tides aren't the best and the wind looks to be really up unfortunately.
I hopefully will be out tomorrow night to chase down a jewie if lucky. Saturday might see if I can meet up with fellow raider Hooked 58 for a flattie session.
Sunday & Monday the waterways and boat ramp may be a little packed for me so might head out for a beach session.
What about you?

Having a baby hopefully as today is Due day... I'm not allowed more than 30 mins from home and certainly not allowed on a boat until she's born. That means no fishing for me!!!

Good luck if you head out. Keep an eye on that weather!!!

Congrats on the day arriving Teflon!

I'll be heading down to a mates place on Aus day, has a place on the Georges at oatley, not much of a fisher but he's keen to learn so I'll head down in the AM for a session on plastics and see if we can get him hooked [emoji14]

Landbased in the bobbin head area. A non fisho friend wants to go for a fish, so we'll be going for anything that bites :)

Actually there was garfish down that way a few weekends ago - and they do down a treat one dusted with flour and pan fried :banana:

Exciting days ahead Tef1on!

Having a baby hopefully as today is Due day... I'm not allowed more than 30 mins from home and certainly not allowed on a boat until she's born. That means no fishing for me!!!

good luck mate. Let us know how you go. Congrats.

All the best to you and the wife for the expected arrival.

Having had 4 myself and a wife who worked as a child birth educator I know exactly where you and the missus are.

Cheers

Jim

I'm going to head out real early on Saturday for a flattie + crab hunt. With luck I'll have something there at the weigh-in on Sunday.

Just came back from dinner with all the old blokes and they reminded me comp doesn't start till 6am sat. Still head out tomorrow night for hopefully a jew

If I don't get out on Sunday, I'm selling my boat!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Sunday has nice conditions should be good in the morning too bad the tides don't really match up!

I'll be giving it my all to land my first decent fish of 2015 on Sunday arvo and all day Monday, though public transport will probably be a bit of a nightmare. Might end up heading to the canal if they stop the ferries for fireworks on Monday.

Congratulations Tef1on, sure it won't be too long til you have them out with a rod in their hand! ;)

Hi All,

Thought I would start a thread to see what fishing plans you all have for this long weekend.

The tides aren't the best and the wind looks to be really up unfortunately.

I hopefully will be out tomorrow night to chase down a jewie if lucky. Saturday might see if I can meet up with fellow raider Hooked 58 for a flattie session.
Sunday & Monday the waterways and boat ramp may be a little packed for me so might head out for a beach session.
What about you?

I am definitely up for a session on Saturday morning early hoping for some flatties but would be very happy to get onto some blue swimmers as well.

I love those blues swimmers!!

I have a mate and his daughter coming up to stay with us on Saturday late and they are keen to go out on the boat to do a bit of fishing on Sunday early. At least the wind looks pretty good for Sunday morning.

Monday is a no brainer! Stay away at all costs!!

Good luck to everyone and hope you catch that elusive jewie! You can tell me all about it Saturday morning!

Edited by Hooked 58

I am definitely up for a session on Saturday morning early hoping for some flatties but would be very happy to get onto some blue swimmers as well.

I love those blues swimmers!!

I have a mate and his daughter coming up to stay with us on Saturday late and they are keen to go out on the boat to do a bit of fishing on Sunday early. At leat the wind looks pretty good for Sunday morning.

Monday is a no brainer! Stay away at all costs!!

Good luck to everyone and hope you catch that elusive jewie! You can tell me all about it Saturday morning!

How early are we talking haha I don't know if I will be up for a 7AM start. Due to the tide did you want to head out later in the morning? Or you heading out with the missus?

I don't know what time I'm coming back in from a jew session tonight. With the winds I may just stay till the turn of the tide then head in.