Brisbane Waters/Rip Bridge 25/01/2015

gregh1

Hi Raiders,

Other than a hectic start getting into the water from Pretty Beach this morning we had a good session around the rip bridge.

We had a fairly slow start to the day up towards paddys channel with only a just legal bream by my mate John and a first Octypuss for me, both caught on mullet. We went to a spot I have had success before and I pulled in 3 size 40-50cm flatties in 15 minutes.I was luckly enough to get another 2 one at 55cm and the other at 58cm and John got one at around 40cm.

According to my mate I missed a massive flatty and he shook himself off at the surface. It's always about the one that got away. I was hoping for a blue swimmer and almost got one to the surface but about a foot from the top he drops off. Brianna our fishnett girl was awesome!! Any advice on how to get blue swimmers into the boat would be appreciated.

Feeling quite grateful catching fish and find myself thinking of fishing while I am at work during the week. It wasn't that long ago I was struggling to get a fish on the line. So much good experience and good advice on this site.

Sorry about the pictures not having heads on on my brag mat. I was just finished cleaning them and I realized I hadn't taken a picture yet.

post-30637-0-28251900-1422155979_thumb.jpg

Nice report mate...I was out there today aswell.

Found it very quiet till about 10am, after the tide change ended up getting some good flatties aswell.

When I got back to the boat ramp a fella hooked a blue swimmer on the jetty and borrowed my net to land it. He didn't want it so he gave it to me lol so I'll be having that for dinner tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice report mate...I was out there today aswell.

Found it very quiet till about 10am, after the tide change ended up getting some good flatties aswell.

When I got back to the boat ramp a fella hooked a blue swimmer on the jetty and borrowed my net to land it. He didn't want it so he gave it to me lol so I'll be having that for dinner tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it was pretty slow early on but one they started it was on!! We had to leave cause we had a young one on and even with sunscreen she was getting burnt! You lucky bugger with the bluey! I have lost more than I have caught so far! lol

Nice haul mate.

You've a few nice meals there.

I fillet and skin flathead, its easier to do with the head on.

Gives you somehing to hang on to.

Thanks for the tip Ryder! I will give it a go next time!! Another bit of useful information!!

Nice, We didn't have any bloody luck today. Decent sized whiting and flounder.

Flatties would not touch any of the lures!

We ended up at Lobster beach for most of the day so that's my excuse!

You should have stayed mate!! I caught all 5 of my flatties on nuclear chicken. Even my mate John caught one on a SP as well. You don't need any excuses mate! You outfish me most of the time! We almost headed over to Lobster but ended up going home to the pool instead.

You should have stayed mate!! I caught all 5 of my flatties on nuclear chicken. Even my mate John caught one on a SP as well. You don't need any excuses mate! You outfish me most of the time! We almost headed over to Lobster but ended up going home to the pool instead.

Ahhh see I told you..soft plastics is the way to go. The old man wants to go out tomorrow so that's the fourth day I'll be on the water. Hopefully get some flatties tomorrow

Great effort on the flatties mate. It's weird: I sometimes get them as a by-catch when I'm targeting bream, but I find it really hard to catch them in bulk like that. Think three is my most in a single session and only one was a keeper. Hats off!

Ahhh see I told you..soft plastics is the way to go. The old man wants to go out tomorrow so that's the fourth day I'll be on the water. Hopefully get some flatties tomorrow

Your keen! It was like the M1 out there today. Tomorrow will be worse for sure. Good luck anyway! We caught all the flatties where you saw me anchored when you headed off to Lobster!!

Great effort on the flatties mate. It's weird: I sometimes get them as a by-catch when I'm targeting bream, but I find it really hard to catch them in bulk like that. Think three is my most in a single session and only one was a keeper. Hats off!

Yeah it was a surprise to me as well! I was talking to some other blokes at the ramp and they said there have been larger catches of flatties all over the CC!

Great report again - you've clearly got yourself sorted. We're you out Thurs or are you strictly back to weekends?

Do you anchor up for the flatties?

I'll most likely be out this weekend so hopefully Ill see you on the water.

Meg

Great report again - you've clearly got yourself sorted. We're you out Thurs or are you strictly back to weekends?

Do you anchor up for the flatties?

I'll most likely be out this weekend so hopefully Ill see you on the water.

Meg

Hi Meg,

Thanks to the help of other raiders and especially central coast 795 I seem to be doing ok at the moment.

In 2 weeks time I will be starting work at midday Mon - Thur so I should be able to get a bit more time on the water fishing.

We have been catching flatties drifting but on this occasion I was anchored.

I will definitely be out this weekend hanging in the brisbane waters usually up around paddys or the rip.

Cheers,