New Fishing Boat- Which Is Best?

FishingGuy

Hey Raiders,

Me and my dad are looking into buying a new or used fishing boat. I was just wondering which boat is better (Pics Attached Below). Is the boat with the V shaped front better or the one withe the Arc shape (Sorry Don't Know Names). I'm looking for which boat is more stable on the water and which in your opinion is better for fishing?? Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,

FishingGuy

post-33871-0-89504700-1422175242_thumb.jpgpost-33871-0-48334400-1422175243_thumb.jpg

Hello Fishing Guy, Twin hulls are more stable on the water , If I was to buy one it would be the size your showing I don't like the smaller twin hulls, And it would have to be alloy boat. The Mono hull in my opinion are not as stable but have more room at the front if have a family, And they want to have a sleep. Twin hulls are more expensive as they have 2 motors when it comes to servicing , And if you go trolling you get water slap under the front of the hull. I am not a fan of fiberglass boats But I own one, BUT I MUST SAY THEY RIDE MUCH BETTER THAN ALLOY BOATS MUCH BETTER. So in my opinion if your going for a twin hull 6.5 meter and over and in alloy, Or the mono hull your showing in the pic would be the go, But in all honesty I could talk all day about the difference's day, So good luck with buying and looking. Many more RAIDERS will give there views I am no doubt, and it will be a interesting read. I don't like fiberglass due to fiberglass rot/timber rot which I am doing major repairs on my transom now not a nice job, I like alloy boats much better. And if I buy a alloy boat again it would be minimal 6.5 meter.

Hello Fishing Guy, Twin hulls are more stable on the water , If I was to buy one it would be the size your showing I don't like the smaller twin hulls, And it would have to be alloy boat. The Mono hull in my opinion are not as stable but have more room at the front if have a family, And they want to have a sleep. Twin hulls are more expensive as they have 2 motors when it comes to servicing , And if you go trolling you get water slap under the front of the hull. I am not a fan of fiberglass boats But I own one, BUT I MUST SAY THEY RIDE MUCH BETTER THAN ALLOY BOATS MUCH BETTER. So in my opinion if your going for a twin hull 6.5 meter and over and in alloy, Or the mono hull your showing in the pic would be the go, But in all honesty I could talk all day about the difference's day, So good luck with buying and looking. Many more RAIDERS will give there views I am no doubt, and it will be a interesting read. I don't like fiberglass due to fiberglass rot/timber rot which I am doing major repairs on my transom now not a nice job, I like alloy boats much better. And if I buy a alloy boat again it would be minimal 6.5 meter.

Thanks heaps for the reply, I know about the more space on the mono hull to lie down and stuff but frankly I'd rather not be lying down, but fishing. The other I went out on a mono hull without taking a sea sickness tablet :puke: (Offshore) and I could barely reel a fish in I was that weak, but i'm sure my lack of sleep the night before was a contributing factor.

Cheers,

FishingGuy

What is your budget as this will be a major factor.

If considering alum twin hull perhaps you may like to look at a Webster , they come in a no. of sizes , 4.9mt is the most common but they are also available in 5.2mt

As a guide ,good second hand ones are available for under $30k. Two of their pluses , only require one motor & the sponsoons are air tight as such are unsinkable.

post-731-0-31440900-1422300936_thumb.jpg

post-731-0-98903100-1422300979_thumb.jpg

Geoff

What is your budget as this will be a major factor.

If considering alum twin hull perhaps you may like to look at a Webster , they come in a no. of sizes , 4.9mt is the most common but they are also available in 5.2mt

As a guide ,good second hand ones are available for under $30k. Two of their pluses , only require one motor & the sponsoons are air tight as such are unsinkable.

attachicon.gifgallion resized 001.jpg

attachicon.gifgallion 5 smaller.jpg

Geoff

Budget anything under 30K probably. Thanks for the info, i'll check that one out.

Cheers,

FishingGuy

Geoff

Hi Geoff, I have always liked the Webster boats, is yours the 4.9 model?

Very practical and easy to clean, what size motor do you have and how does it ride in a sea/chop? Downhill? Also do you get any hull slap.

Finally is it easy to drive onto the trailer with those guide rollers?

Cheers

Paikea

Geoff

Hi Geoff, I have always liked the Webster boats, is yours the 4.9 model?

Very practical and easy to clean, what size motor do you have and how does it ride in a sea/chop? Downhill? Also do you get any hull slap.

Finally is it easy to drive onto the trailer with those guide rollers?

Cheers

Paikea

We are moving off topic , apoligies to FishingGuy , but to answer your questions

It's the 4.9. The 4.6 & 4.9 are the same boat it's just the different way they were measured. The 4.6 is bow to transom , the 4.9 is measured along the water line.

A 70hp 2s. A lot were sold with a 60 hp 4s . I thought the 60 was too small

Downhill in any boat can vary depending on the sea conditions , I don't have a problem

Hull slap . Traveling slowly into a short chop you get some but nothing concerning.

Drive on / off is very easy but the trailer depth is a critical factor. I also have a Boatcatch so no one gets their feet wet

Geoff

Budget anything under 30K probably. Thanks for the info, i'll check that one out.

Cheers,

FishingGuy

They are worth looking at , there is only one problem , they tend to be few & far between. The main reason those who purchase one tend to hang onto them for ever.

The main reason , it's very hard to find anything better in Alum.

Geoff