Where are the Bonnie's?

mike2153

I haven't caught a bonnie in a while and really like eating them, just wondering where they are at the moment and how are people targeting them or what lures are best to troll, spin etc etc, might have to get to some ledges after work and do some spinning for them!

• 2 weeks later...

Got a few a week or so ago, trolling close in off Barrenjoey and Whale Beach headlands. Christmas trees and X-Rap in white did the trick. Also had a few chase a plastic to the boat near Lion Island.

Baz

Hi Baz what time of day were the bonnies around? is it strictly in the morning? Is there an art to it? I like to hit pittwater next, few bonnies would be great.

Hi Baz what time of day were the bonnies around? is it strictly in the morning? Is there an art to it? I like to hit pittwater next, few bonnies would be great.

I got mine in the morning, not particularly early as I usually like to be back inside before 2pm at the latest. No particular art, really... I just trolled about 50m off the rocks. Don't know about in Pittwater though.

Baz