Port Hacking 06/02/15

dogbox

Went fishing in Port Hacking first time this summer, must say very few boat wonderful conditions.

Put in at Dolans bay 5.30 pulling up at a spot 200m from the ramp first cast landed a 35cm snapper thought this will be a great day.

Tried the flats at Lilly pilli for lost small fish moved a hole in SWA bite quite until a huge bust up on the surface that lasted about 15 seconds that made hair on the back of my next stand up.

Looked around SWA stopped off at a few spots but the wind way picking up making it uncomfortable

Headed back to the channel off Maianbar for a big 0

Anchored back where I started where I had four big runs that just busted me off

Back at ramp 2pm with a few

Check out the size of this crab that's my 35cm snapper on the table

Dogbox

post-19822-0-34700400-1423259794_thumb.png

You got a nice feed.

That crab is cool, he looks like he's wearing a pair of sunnies.

It's funny how sometimes you get a start, and move to another spot, then another chasing more fish.

When in hindsight you should have stayed put.

It's happened to me many times.

At least you managed something for the table.

There are kings and salmon buzzing about in various places, which would be the surface bust-ups. Just a matter of having a rod ready with a lure attached, so you can have a quick throw into the boiling water and hope you have a hook-up before the fish disappear.

I've only been going after them for the past six months or so. Had some success down there with a few nice 40cm models but still learning. Recently (including today) they've all been undersize and/or very timid.

I'll PM you the weed details.