Mods to my little boat

Paikea

I keep a 3.6 lightweight (49 KG) boat in the Garage of my Holiday place at Ulladulla. Use it to fish Burril Lake, Conjola and Narrawallee Inlet.

When fishing on my own I have found it hard to keep the nose down. The front seat is too far forward to let me operate the motor from there. So I needed to find a solution.

I got a length of pre-painted finger jointed timber from Bunnings, fixed some cleats to the underside to keep the plank in position between the front and back seats and using some dense foam and marine upholstery fabric I made myself a soft seat.

Whilst I was at it I looked at placing the small sounder that I got as part of a Magazine subscription, after fiddling about trying various positions I ended up putting it where I could clearly see and operate it whilst driving the boat. Haven’t tried it yet but it looks great.

I had to get a 12v battery to operate the sounder, ended up getting a small battery pack from Whitworths that comes complete with a mains and car plug-in charger that plug into a cigarette lighter socket on the side of the battery pack. The lead from the sounder fits into the same socket, all very neat and handy.

Now all that I have to do is get out and try it.

Cheers

Paikea