Sydney Sunday

finin

Gday all, left the ramp with a light easterly this morning and headed towards the heads. Seemed to be hardly any boats around today compared to the last few weeks.

Nice nne swell coming through at about 2M at the most but more holes than parramatta rd till you managed to get out a bit. Went north today and played in 50M. Water constant at 24.3 all dayand is that purply blue but not a great deal of clarity to it. Current has slowed to around a knot but outside of 80M your looking at 2.5 and going downhill still.

Wind died by the time we begun to fish and generally didnt get over 10kn all morning.

Fishing wise it was disgraceful, never seen so many pike in all my life lol. Decided to move closer to manly way and things slowly and very slowly at that began to improve. Flatties seemed to be the flavour today all bluespots, all males, all had full stomachs and the smallest at 45 and the biggest at 62. Only managed a couple of mowies today and a huge poor mans lobster that is now being raw fished as I type.

Bit mystified with all the pike as they were coming up warm? They are a cold water fish and shouldnt have been there. Thats fishing though.

Thats about it, hope everyone that went today managed a feed.

Nothing wrong with a feed of blue spots to the 62 mark, good work.

As for the pike, you were in the wrong place at the wrong time. When I used to scuba dive, some places had masses of pike and nothing else, just the luck of the location.