sydney harbour bust ups

Sydneyfisher12

gday raiders

sorry for the late report but me and gianni headed out on the harbour the plan was to head out to the fad

we headed to lavender bay for yakkas but couldn't get any so we headed out we spotted some bust ups of clifton gardens the were firstly kings but they wouldn't eat anything we soon found a school of frigate mackerel we caught plenty and they were really fun on super light gear 4lb they take massive runs and are super fun to catch.

by the time we finished having fun it was too late to head out to the fad so we made the descion to stay inside the harbour.

we headed to one of my favourite markers nothing i foul hooked a big leather jacket other than that nothing

we headed back over to the spot where the bust up was and we found a massive bust up we chased this around for about 2 hours and must of caught 30+ frigates and a few mac tuna all on light gear. they eventually went down and we moved on

post-33466-0-05109800-1424075394_thumb.png

we headed to another marker and i anchored up to fish some bait while i was anchoring up gianni decided to chuck his small plastic with alb on his super light combo right next to the marker he hooked up but wasn't on for too long we tried bait and then moved on he hooked another kingy on another marker on a unweighted pilly cube but dropped it

we headed up river and found another bust up it was salmon and tailor this time i got a good tailor of 45cm and gianni hooked a good salmon but dropped it as it jumped he hooked another one and landed it after that they went down and we moved again

post-33466-0-91319700-1424075369_thumb.png

we found another bust up right near the harbour bridge this time it was tailor and kings i hooked up and after a long fight landed a nice king of 61cm not long after gianni hooked up on a king and after another long fight landed a 60cm king

post-33466-0-20294500-1424075441_thumb.pngpost-33466-0-04690600-1424075462_thumb.pngpost-33466-0-02932200-1424075483_thumb.png

it was a awesome day out and plenty of good fish landed

all fish caught on 3inch powerbait minnows

cheers sydneyfisher12

Wow nice catch. was just wondering what your set up was like as I'm having a tough time with landing the kings. I was at clifton gardens the other day using unweighted pillies. The kings were there but they weren't on the bite. They'd rush to the bait, look at it for a second and then swim away. I was using pillie cubes with 4/0 gamakatsu octopus hooks.

Wow nice catch. was just wondering what your set up was like as I'm having a tough time with landing the kings. I was at clifton gardens the other day using unweighted pillies. The kings were there but they weren't on the bite. They'd rush to the bait, look at it for a second and then swim away. I was using pillie cubes with 4/0 gamakatsu octopus hooks.

Those hooks are waaaaaay too big for pilly cubes, id only use them for livebait. Try a hook between size 4 and 1