Thinking of buying a boat

Muzza416

Boats a are big investment but a lot of fun. Might I add I find when viewing a boat before you crank the motor take the cowling off and touch the motor if warm he has obviously got it running and warmed up before you've gotten there. That way it starts first crack of the key looks good ! bang buy it then next weekend go to the ramp and takes an hour to get the bugger started. This is a problem I found with past motorbikes and it proved costly.

Just my two cents after seeing the post with motor spitting oil and not starting

Edited by Stanton44

Hi to all again, I've been to the boat show and think I've found my boat, I'm keen on a seacraft commander 400 with a 30hp Evinrude Etec tilt and trim all new for just short of $15k with drive on trailer,,spoke to Craig from Huett marine and the 30 would be perfect for this boat,,there are some YouTube vids regarding this boat and I think it's going to be good...cheers and thanks for all the advice....Muzz

• 5 months later...
Guest no one

Hey bro, sorry site rules state no pics or links to boat selling sites, if you crop the image to show the boat only is fine.

Hi all, I finally bought my boat after many months of searching in those popular boat sale sites, I found this 2002 model,,I saw it online on Thursday and went and had a look on Saturday and made an offer and drove away with it same day,,went fishing on Sunday 4 flathead and 3 whiting, pretty good effort that..post-24721-0-20263000-1439817697_thumb.jpg

Hi to all again, took the boat out again on Saturday near Juno pt and I decided to give the soft plastics ago, in particular I used the Zerek prawn and I kid you not on my 2nd cast I caught a 40cm flathead, then 3rd cast another flathead, 4th cast another flathead but this one got off,, oh well I say, I turn to my mate fishing with me and say, these friggen lures Really work!!! Got to get some more of them...cheers...

Hi to all again, took the boat out again on Saturday near Juno pt and I decided to give the soft plastics ago, in particular I used the Zerek prawn and I kid you not on my 2nd cast I caught a 40cm flathead, then 3rd cast another flathead, 4th cast another flathead but this one got off,, oh well I say, I turn to my mate fishing with me and say, these friggen lures Really work!!! Got to get some more of them...cheers...

Like most lures they work best when near fish.

Cheers