Awesome day on the harbour 28/2/15

thefisherman6784

G'day raider

Seamus, his dad and I headed out on the harbour today mainly for kings and chase a few bust ups. We were on the water by 6:30 hoping for a bit of surface kingies. Got out and didn't see a bust up until we pulled up to one of the markers, got no kingies on it so I pulled out my fly rod and straight away caught my first Mac tuna on fly (caught them before, just not on fly) and Seamus got a nice frigate

After that we moved to another marker for no success and another for no success so we headed back down the harbour and spotted a bust up near Taronga zoo, stopped for a check and they were kingies mixed in with a few other species

I got out the fly but the bust up moved so we moved with it and as I kept the fly behind the boat, a frigate came and smashed it, then a HUGE run followed by him 'swimming' towards me than another huge run the chased it down to get some line back and up comes half a frigate... With a monster easy 1m+ kingy attached to him but let go... Amazing!!!!

Then found this monster kingy bust up, only hooked two but busted off both (it was amongst moorings)

Moved to another bust up close bye and I finally caught a king 64cm!

Then had the bait school take cover at our boat and we all had a shower that's how crazy the fish were.

Seamus caught a nice watsons leaping bonito and after a long fight on my ultra light gear, got another kingy 63cm then yet another that took it at the boat at 58cm

And Seamus' dad got a nice king 59cm

Seamus got a nice salmon and so did I

They stopped busting up but we still had everything under our boat and pulled heaps of monster yakkas and cowanyoung.

Then on my 1-2kg stick, dropped down my little plastic and on the drop something huge it and after a huge run thought a big king

Then after 20 or so mins of fight, a 60cm amberjack is in the net and in the boat!!!!! Awesome fish and I've heard there pretty rare in the harbour and especially at that size so I'm absolutely stoked, they go so much harder than kings for there size.

Then after that they died off so we moved back up the harbour to look for more bust ups but none so we went to the fish markets for lunch and a quick fish and I pulled a nice bream

Awesome day on the harbour

I'd rather catch kings than frigates so today was definitely 1st out of my last 3 outings

Cheers Gianni

post-33634-14251548824042_thumb.jpg

post-33634-14251549023837_thumb.jpg

post-33634-14251549148094_thumb.jpg

post-33634-14251549345083_thumb.jpg

post-33634-14251549471165_thumb.jpg

post-33634-14251550654484_thumb.jpg

post-33634-14251550784655_thumb.jpg

post-33634-14251550485479_thumb.jpg

Hey Gianni,

Great to see that you two boys have not lost your passion for fishing.

Great pictures and stories - keep them coming - well done boys.

Thank your parents also.

Good Fishing, Regards Rut