PIRTEK FISHING CHALLENGE

Guest stephanb79

Guest stephanb79

Hi Guys and girls

anyone here entered the pirtek fishing challenge 2015 ??

If so where you guys off to

Guest stephanb79

I'm always in it! Great cause, and just another excuse to go fishing! I'll be targeting the main species they put up, flatty whiting and bream!

Cheers scratchie!!!

it is a great cause !!! And an excuse to go fishing lol ..

Guest stephanb79

I'll definitely be entering again, havn't missed one yet. I have not hyet received any email regarding this though

yeah look it up I got mine and I already did rego and even got my hat and brag matt

Ill be entering too. But will have to work around the first soccer match of the season unfortunately.

I like that they have released the target species early this year.

Good luck everyone.

Yeah, I fish with a mate who has (hopefully) beaten prostate cancer, so it is something close to our hearts. We fish in the Murray Darling basin section of the comp. The species this year are carp, redfin and yellows, and we will be targeting yellows with lures. I am really looking forward to it as we haven’t fished together in at least 6 months.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest no one

I potentially have a free spot on my boat for Sunday, this is weather dependant but looking at Botany Bay launch on Sunday morning in Sylvania Waters. PMs only if interested

Guest 4myson

Just registered monday for me & my son , and received our hats & brag mats yesterday . My sons got footy trials sunday arvo at 1:30 till 2:30 , so thinking of sneaking in an early mourning session & late arvo . It will be our first & we are really looking forward to it . Great to see money going to a worthy cause .

pity about the conditions for tomorrow's comp! Good luck to all the raiders entered. It is a fantastic cause, having a father survive prostate cancer who also loves fishing, I'll never miss one of these rain, hail or shine.

Guest no one

Completely agree Linc, and good to hear your father survived as mine is currently undergoing treatment for prostate cancer!

I still have a free spot tomorrow if anyone wants a ride around Botany.

Guest no one

Gonna reef pick it I think, although gonna sit on eds spot for a while, there's no wind here bro... And I'm on the waterfront - confused with this forecast

Gonna reef pick it I think, although gonna sit on eds spot for a while, there's no wind here bro... And I'm on the waterfront - confused with this forecast

Yeah sorry reef pick was what i meant, it drags along the sand and kicks up some food to get the flatties going

Pertek turned out OK without breaking any records. We fished the Murray and between the two of us we managed:

1 x Trout Cod

3 x Murray Cod to 555mm

3 x Golden Perch to 490mm

Although the result was a bit disappointing it was a beaut day on the water with a mate I hadn’t fished with for some time. All for a good cause, and a great excuse for time on the water.