bream,flattie and whiting combo

Samwich

Hey guys,

Currently looking for 2-3 rod and reel combos for the boat. Would like to be chasing Whiting, Bream, flatties and trout.

I go fishing with a lot of different people, and it will be good to have a couple of combos on the boat.

From what I've read, Pflueger rods in the 1-3kg mark are good for there price,

I have found the below deal, any thoughts?

------ Pflueger Trion 7'0'' Ultra Light 2 Piece Rod with 2500 Size Reel Spinning Combo. 1-3Kg - $189

Looking to spend no more then $200 per combo, and would be a benefit if I can get some braid into the price as well (3-4lb for the above fishies?)

Thanks in advance,

Sam

Seems a bit expensive to me. You don't need anything flash for those species...probably don't need 2500 series reels to match 1-3 kg rods. I'd keep looking. I'm sure you'll get gear plus enough 4 lb braid to fill all of the reels and even some leader for the price of that gear. Good luck. Let us know what you end up with, mate. Neil.

I can vouch for the symetre 2500FL and the symetre 3000FL being good bang for buck reels. The 1000 I believe should be no different in quality and features, only size. And for the combo you are wanting, the 1000 size is the ideal size you want to pair for 1-3kg rods.

One thing that came to mind , you are talking about rods for mates, carbon fibre rods are fragile, do your mates know how to handle them? I have 2 ugly sticks as " mates rods" they will take a lot of abuse !!

Samwich...Bluefin makes a very good point. Carbon fibre rods are EXTREMELY fragile. You can pick up useful combos in 1-3 kg rod and 1000 reel and they are not too tiring to use. After all, up until a few years ago it's all that was available. The 2500 reel would be best suited to the slightly heavier line. Good luck. Neil

If you want to cater for occasional visitors I suggest you buy a couple of cheapies from the camping/fishing chains. Basic combos will run you $50 max and the visitors won't know the difference. When you give your fisho friends a reasonable graphite combo however they WILL notice the difference. Sorry if I've said it before but I feel a Shimano Starlo Classix 2-5 kg matched to a Symetre 2500 spooled with 6 lb Fireline is a great budget combo.

Here is a link to one paired with a Sedona even cheaper: http://www.fishingtackleshop.com.au/products/shimano-starlo-stix-classix-702m-fishing-rod-with-shimano-sedona-2500-reel.html

~Admin, please let me know if I shouldn't post a link to a non-sponsor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalkc

Edited by Tastee

I agree, for occasional visitors cheapie combo 2-5kg with 2000-2500 reel 6-8lb mono is fine. Ugly Sticks would be better choice and with good handling will last forever. They are really unbreakable under normal fishing conditions. I have 3, one of them is 4 piece for travel. It has graphite core and is very light and strong. Feels like complete graphite. Braided graphite combos are best for vibes and SP. You feel everything what is happening under the water, but they are more fragile