Georges River Jewie night! 2/3/15

Tome

Hey all,

Finally got out on the water again on the 2/3/15 for an evening flick on the Georges with perfect conditions: 5-7 knots wind, High tide at 8pm, Sunset 7:30pm (last light 7:55pm) - brilliant!!

Got some nice prawns and frozen hawksbury squid from the local bait shop and headed out to our spot around 7pm.

Only some small nibbles for about 45mins and then I'm on. With some weight behind it, I knew it would be something nice and it was, I pull out a nice 68cm jewie (my PB) and back in the drink she goes.

About 10mins later my brothers rod has a few nice bites and he's on. Pulls out a nice 36cm bream.

Then another 15mins pass without a bite and then bang my mate is on with a nice snapper (undersize unfortunately).

While my mate was taking his snapper off the hook, my rod takes off again, a nice decent fight and we start to see colour...another jewie but this time a smaller one about 50cm.

Perfect way to start the week off :risata:

post-1474-0-73117400-1425363119_thumb.jpg post-1474-0-60472300-1425363118_thumb.jpg post-1474-0-75812300-1425363117_thumb.jpg

Oh so close to being a keeper, I'm sure it won't be long before you crack the 70 cm mark.

It's obviously a pretty good spot, you got more than one.

The bigger one looks like he had a chunk out of his back.

Solid bream your brother got too.

Well done.

Thanks guys :)

It was definitely a great night and first time fishing that spot, so I was over the moon. Only ever caught one jewie before that in my life.

Well done 'mii11x' on your pb too, must've been the night for them.