Today@Port stephens 8/3/15

Scratchie

G'day raiders,

Just a quick report from the big blue today. Headed out with fellow raider gh1952 and a few mates. Loaded up with bait really quickly and had slimies and bonito jump on board begging to be used as skip bait.

Drove straight out to the carpark and was faced with a bit of wind and chop. Ideal conditions for skipping. So out they went and right on the change of the tide the long rigger is pulled out and no one notices for a while because some rookie has forgotten to put the ratchet on. Oops! But we still managed to come up tight and my mate jumps in the chair and we land and release a nice 70kg stripe marlin! This was a first for him and hi fives all round. Lines go back out and 20mins later same rigger pulls out and takes some line and I come up tight. Get my other mate to sit in the chair and then the weight is gone! Did I make another rookie error and not leave it long enough??? Hmmmm not sure but I had weight so the hook was there! Any way that was it for the day. It was pretty tough going today, but they are still out there!

Water temp was 24.2 at the carpark and 25.2 at the 100m and 23.9 at the heads. Plenty of bait around also.

Thanks once again Gerry for a great day and my mate Haro "thefishgod"for teaching me a thing or two!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Guest no one

We should strip you if a badge for every rookie error you make!

Our water was 22.2 at the heads to 22.5 at the Peak/First Botany FAD. Looking forward to fishing some warm water up north soon!