Fishing technique

Rami

Well. I have 2 rods. ( too many, I know [emoji28]). One is a light rod 2-4 kg with 8lb braid and 2500 reel and the other is 8kg snapper rod with a 4000k reel and 20lb mono.

My current plan is to use the light outfit to flick some SP or drift some bait from an anchored boat. Meanwhile I use the heavier outfit with a circle hook and either live bait ( if I can find it [emoji28]) or a big piece of pilchard And try to catch some big fish.

What I am trying to work out is the finer details what sort of rig would work? Should I go braid on both rods? Would SP work for a stationary boat? Etc. it's more me putting it out there to get some ideas. I am going to give it a shot anyways and see what happen. But input is always welcome. How else would I learn ;)

Well. I have 2 rods. ( too many, I know [emoji28]). One is a light rod 2-4 kg with 8lb braid and 2500 reel and the other is 8kg snapper rod with a 4000k reel and 20lb mono.

My current plan is to use the light outfit to flick some SP or drift some bait from an anchored boat. Meanwhile I use the heavier outfit with a circle hook and either live bait ( if I can find it [emoji28]) or a big piece of pilchard And try to catch some big fish.

What I am trying to work out is the finer details what sort of rig would work? Should I go braid on both rods? Would SP work for a stationary boat? Etc. it's more me putting it out there to get some ideas. I am going to give it a shot anyways and see what happen. But input is always welcome. How else would I learn ;)

Rigs are dependant on species and conditions.

Go braid for your soft plastic outfit and just plain mono for bait fishing is fine.

Soft plastics will work from a stationery boat as long as your working the lure and varying your retrieves/techniques etc.

I myself solely use baits in the estuaries on cheap outfits fishing solely mono.

I use running sinker rigs fished as light as conditions allow for my TARGET species with WELL tied knots such as the uni knot.

If I want my baits a little off the bottom I will fish a paternoster rig or use floats.

I try to use the best baits available often caught on site such as mullet,nippers,yakkas etc.

Fish the tides and log your results every trip in a notebook and pretty soon a pattern will emerge.

I always use berley when fishing.

Remember sometimes you do everything right but the fish are simply not there.

In other words learn to read the rivers/estuary/sea etc,find the structure,find the baitfish,droop offs etc and your in with a chance.

Read up on a species and target them that's the best way to learn.

And as always fishing is such a great sport because you never learn everything there is to know in your lifetime.

Cheers.