Live bait hawkesbury river

Jewbear84

Since you have not specified any tactics, bait, burley gear etc we can only be generic. Some species I have caught in Jerusalem Bay include - bream, jewfish, hairtail, eels, sharks ...squid, slimies and yakkas. I have even seen a little Mack tuna (about 50cm) bust up a school of bait fish at sunrise - but it was not caught.

Here is one of the three bream (45cm, 43cm, 42cm) we caught on an overnight expedition there..... enjoy.

post-20634-0-86026000-1426590452_thumb.jpg

Hey thanks guys we will be trying to find livies initially with the usual burley technique then finding a deep spot to anchor and throw so live bait aswell as fresh squid and prawns for jews and whatever else may come along the bottom of the river around little Jerusalem ... We run a constant burley trail of pillies burley mix bread and a splash of tuna oil we usually run 3 rods one 6-8lb one 10lb and one 20lb

great spot jersuleam bay. i mainly fish it for hairtail in the winter but you do get a lot of good by catch such as fatties, good sized tailor, bream, trevally and all different types of pelagics. i find the best way to target these species is drifting unweighted pillie cubes down a burly trail while having a few bigger baits out

cheers sydneyfisher12