Tuesday 17 March

Managed to get out there on Tuesday 17, with good conditions and good water close in we put the lures in about a mile out. We got Dollies all day from about 3 miles out all the way to the Plonk Hole Fad. Half the dollies we caught were near Fads and rest just trolling between spots.

One Marlin hook-up as well about a half a mile inside The Peak, saw it swimming under the teaser, we pulled the teaser straight in and it disappeared for a few seconds before billing 3 lures in the spread. Had him hooked-up for a few seconds before he became unstuck, didn’t get a good look at it, but guessing it was a Stripe.

About 12 or more Dollies in total, the biggest going around 5-6lb. Water temp as high 23.5, water really blue and sounding bait everywhere.

Lures chains as usual did most of the damage on the Dollies, we put pilchards in the bait chamber of the stinger lure.
http://www.scentblazer.com/ProductStore/tabid/292/CatID/196/RtID/1020/Default.aspx

Red and Black lures with squid inside has also been braining it for us this year. It’s caught or hooked most of the bigger fish we got this season.
http://www.scentblazer.com/Products/tabid/292/ProdID/1154/CatID/126/Red__Black_Squid__Small_Smoker_Head.aspx

Good luck to anyone heading out!
Peter

post-22587-0-36713800-1426916131_thumb.jpg

post-22587-0-74836000-1426916133_thumb.jpg

post-22587-0-16323200-1426916136_thumb.jpg

post-22587-0-25912800-1426916139_thumb.jpg

post-22587-0-34147700-1426916142_thumb.jpg

post-22587-0-04303700-1426916145_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scent Blazer Lures

Love the colours you've captured in those dollie pics, nice report too. thanks for sharing

yeah when get them we try just to hold them up and not et them touch the deck, so the slime is still on them and the colors are preserved, then we just take 10-15 shots really quickly on a small $200 Sony camera, usually about 2-3 shots are really good, the rest the fish is moving around too much and we just delete those

Pink skirts are the go right now, no hits on green or blue only pinks... Interesting to see you're the same

yeah definitely reds and pinks are working better than blues and greens this season for sure, This color has got us a few marlin strikes and dollies this season, but the reds are dominating.

post-22587-0-12641800-1427090466_thumb.jpg

Guest no one

Peter I'm literally 10 hits to 1 on pink vs any other colour this season. I only troll 2 rods one with pink and one with either green or blue, we couldn't believe the hit rate one day, we also put out a pink vs a purple and red and still pink got hit every time for dollies and tuna.

Needless to say I'll be buying some of your pinks for next season!

Peter I'm literally 10 hits to 1 on pink vs any other colour this season. I only troll 2 rods one with pink and one with either green or blue, we couldn't believe the hit rate one day, we also put out a pink vs a purple and red and still pink got hit every time for dollies and tuna.

Needless to say I'll be buying some of your pinks for next season!

yeah ok, we used a pink lure earlier this season and we got a few dollies on it, then I went fishing with Moonshine from FR and we lost the pink lure on a really big dollie. I replaced that lure with a red and black lure, but the red and black lure also has a lot of pink in it. So that makes sense the lure that has the most pink in it works best. We have been getting strikes on all the colors we have run, but definitely the ones with pink in them are getting hit more.

Yeh Pete, I have a certain colour pink that gets smashed all the time , I am certain that there is some that works better than others i think. Cant wait to try your ones with the extra scent in the back, SCENT BLAZER LURES YEH YEH, LOL.

Yeh Pete, I have a certain colour pink that gets smashed all the time , I am certain that there is some that works better than others i think. Cant wait to try your ones with the extra scent in the back, SCENT BLAZER LURES YEH YEH, LOL.

Yeah, pink has always been a good color, this is what I reckon pink would represent squid right, and squid are soft and pretty much defenceless from any predator, except for using their ink to escape. So every predator will attack squid or something that's looks like squid, no hard bones or sharp bits in squid either, they are like the perfect food for predictors.

And that's right you will only get more fish once you put real squid inside your pink SB lures! I should make you my sales rep :)