Fishing curses!?!?

krause

So how superstitious are we all. I believe i have a curse, or more precisely my mate has a curse, and i wish to know how to remove it!

To give you all context, my fishing buddy is fellow fishraider anthfm (not that you'd know of him because he just silently watches us all...!). And whenever he comes fishing the net result of the trip seems to decrease. If i fish alone im catching this and that, but with good ol' anthfm there's not much at all.

So, are fishy curses a real thing, what's yours, and how did you over come it?

Cheers guys (and anthfm this is your cue to finally make a post)

It's thal little person sitting in your brain, that makes you do things you wouldn't do, because that's how people expect it from you, and you don't want to disappoint them.

Translated:

When I went fishing, my wife never had confidence in me and kinf of told me that O would not catch anything. The little person of course didn't want me to show her she was wrong, so he made me fish in the wrong places with the wrong bait and plenty of mistakes. When i came home, my wife was indeed right, and everyone was happy.

What is worse? Unhappy wife or a freezer full of fish?

Guest no one

Not a curse, but a good luck charm - my wife!! Always increases the hook up rate!

I wore my dads old fly fishing waist coat for years while flyfishing, when I didn't use it if hook up a lot less!

I'm very superstitious when it comes to sport, never cut your hair while on a winning streak, left boot on first, small prayer to the posts.

But no curses yet!

So im the cursed friend. Long time member first post/reply. I call bs because krause just wants to personally attack my abilities....haha jokes.

But seriously we got into a heated discussion whether i was actually 'cursed' yesterday. Krause's evidence is that he fishes the same spot (lilli pilli baths) during the day and when i come after work or we meet for a night session...to put it simply nothing happens.

Anyone back me up that its bs and im not cursed ? [emoji14]

So im the cursed friend. Long time member first post/reply. I call bs because krause just wants to personally attack my abilities....haha jokes.

But seriously we got into a heated discussion whether i was actually 'cursed' yesterday. Krause's evidence is that he fishes the same spot (lilli pilli baths) during the day and when i come after work or we meet for a night session...to put it simply nothing happens.

Anyone back me up that its bs and im not cursed ? [emoji14]

Nah, your cursed! Just send me all your rods and fishing gear and maybe it will lift it! Lol :)

Coincidence???? Maybe! It might also be that you pair up with Krause at the wrong time. He may also do things differently when your there. How do you go fishing wise when he's not there?

Cheers scratchie!!!

Nah, your cursed! Just send me all your rods and fishing gear and maybe it will lift it! Lol :)

Coincidence???? Maybe! It might also be that you pair up with Krause at the wrong time. He may also do things differently when your there. How do you go fishing wise when he's not there?

Cheers scratchie!!!

Haha already on their way Scratchie!

I think the spot shuts down after dark. I mean theres one guy thats consistent but other than that dont see much happening.

Without him i cant comment properly because he outfishes me in terms of time and when i do fish its usually with him. I go alone casually but nothing to rave about.

We usually inhabit beaches i dont think the curse applies there we do okay. Dont you think Krause? Or am i cursed there too [emoji25]

Guest no one

Do you see him catch the fish? I'm going to suggest he buys them from the fish markets to show off his awesome ability but really he can't fish but blames it on you!

Haha The secret is out! Nah I did consider maybe that im crazy, but i don't think so. I must admit that i seem to see nicer fish with out him though, and it kinda sucks cause im normally alone and have no one to celebrate with. Excluding the random people that might be there with me

Im going to say the curse doesnt affect beach fishing.... as much :P

At first I thought my gen black had a salmon curse!! I just couldn't catch a salmon on it while seamus was polling them in! I finally caught one and that all changed but then one session all I got was a few tailor so I believe my gen black has a salmon curse

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk