Bar Crusher 490 C

Paikea

Does anyone own or has fished in the 490C Bar Crusher?

Great write up in the fishing mags and the BC website but how good is it?

I am looking at this and a couple of other (smaller) boats to replace my 5.65M Tournament when I finally sell it.

Cheers

Paikea

HI Paikea,

I have had a 560C barcrusher for 7 or 8 years and I am very happy with it. I fish alone quite often and it is not a drama.

A mate has the equivalent model Surtees to the 490C and I've been out in it quite often. He mainly targets snapper and fishes alone a fair bit. It is a well made boat, great handling and easy to use alone. I would say the 490C would be pretty much the same. Good luck with the search.........

Dave

• 7 months later...

I have had the worst experience with my barcrusher 610c boat. I would not recommend this boat to anyone. It was very poorly made and the hull was warped, definitely not what i expected for 70k. The hull has cracked in several locations and it is the hardest riding, back braking, most uncomfortable boat i have ever been in.

And when something goes wrong, the dealer did not assist in any way, shape or form. There is only one dealer per state so your stuck. Instead, they bullied me and accused me of mismanaging the boat when all i did was treasure it like gold. The manufacturer is even worse and threatens legal action, when all I wanted was my boat repaired.

I was without my boat twice for an extended period of time during rectification. 1st occasion was 2 months and 2nd occasion was 6 months.

The boat is only 3 years old.