rainy lure sesh after uni

Krispy !

Was itching for a fish today so took a light set up and some lures to go for a fish aftrr uni. Got a couple of solid tailor in the high forties and a nice salmon which took a while to land with 4lb and no net. Even managed to foul hook a good sized blue swimmer which was a nice surprise. Hooked a kingy as well which done me on the 4lb and after that no luck with the other lure. Nice 2 hour session even though it was raining still had a great time.

post-11865-0-53061100-1427694862_thumb.jpg

post-11865-0-82419800-1427694940_thumb.jpg

post-11865-0-51984000-1427694899_thumb.jpg

Yowie get back to Sydney, all the fish are here :D

No sh!t. Wish I was there. :074:

The south west corner of W.A. is a great place to visit. Very blue, clean water even in close. Plenty of wineries, also a few breweries. Good meat and fresh food.

There are some fish here and there, better in a boat but a fishing licence is needed to fish from a boat, though not off the shore or rocks.

The fresh fish can be pricey, up to $75 a kilo for snapper fillets, $58 for sand whiting fillets, up to $55 for cooked king prawns.

The fisherman say they can pull those prices or better from the Asian markets, so if Aussies want to buy those fish, pay those prices or buy the cheaper crap that is sent over from Asia. (eg. Mekong catfish, called Bassa fillets :puke: )

Well Krispy, had a fish at Smiths Beach (Yallingup, a couple of hours south of Perth) and pulled out 3 herring, or tommy ruffs, on a lure. Dropped 3 more as the 4 to 6 foot shore dumpers knocked the fish off the lure.

I was trying for salmon. The locals talk about the salmon being 4 to 6 kilos (have yet to see one that size) but only the herring were biting. Around the 25cm mark, which is about average, but when filleted, they make a tasty meal. At least I caught something!