My PB bream caught on beach worms.

RedMaN_82

Cant link the report becuase i caught this back in the days before i joined fishraider..

Details:

Time: approx 7am morning 3 hrs before high.

Bait: Freshly caught beach worms from previous day.

Gear: Shimano solara and shimano stradic 2500 with 6lb fireline.

Tackle: good old running sinker and 2/0 long shank whiting rig.

Waded out to approx chest height in the surf as there was a semi submerged rock covered in cunjevoi and had caught a few bream earlier that day. cast as far as i could and it landed 6 inches from the rock.. I thought oh crap thats probably a bit close so i stated to take up the slack and move it in a little and saw my slack running hard left towards a visible rock. Then it dawned and me and pulled hard right while winding like a madman. The rod buckled over and the line started screaming off.. I managed to hold him off and he turned and ran straight towards the original submerged rock so i battled him back the other way. This happened backwards and forth for approx 5 mins with me making some gain then him tearing it all back off..

In fairness i would have released him but he took the long shank so far into his guts even after i cut the line to let him go he was lifeless so he became dinner.. Not a big fan of killing the breeders as he was older then me but no point leaving him dead in the water.