Would love to have a day out with someone who knows their stuff (repost).

Reposting here in this section to hopefully increase my chances.

I'm 19 and live in the Inner West.

I'm quite new to fishing and have been targetting Kings with live Yellowtail recently, but fishing for anything with someone much more experienced with me is always rewarding.

I don't think I've ever caught a fish longer than 30cm and have only hooked on to a King once, so I'm stoked with just about anything I catch.

I don't have a boat, and have never really been out on one, but I'm happy to fish land-based and wherever is the least hassle for anyone willing to take me out with them.

I don't have much gear, but enough to support myself (assuming we're fishing with bait and not lures), and I should have enough money to buy some bait. I'm not fussy with the spot as long as it isn't too windy or cold.

I'm available most Tuesdays, Fridays and weekends. I don't drive but I'd be more than happy to make my way near where you're located as long as it isn't longer than a 30 minute walk from a train station (I'd be carrying two rods).

Guest 4myson

I'll hopefully be out this weekend with my son & a few mates , send me your number in case 1 of my mates is a no show . Otherwise weather permitting Tuesday will be me & my son only , Will gladly take you along as long as you don't mind my son OUTFISIHING both of us ..... Heading to Botany by the way .

Thanks so much for offering to take me with you guys!

I should be free on Saturday. I'll gladly come along if there's a free spot. If not, I'm not sure about Tuesday just yet because I have an exam coming up, but I'll let you know beforehand.

And watching someone else catch a fish is just as exciting as hooking on yourself haha.

I've never been out on a boat before, is there anything I should know? I know some people get sea-sick - I can't really say if I'm one of them just yet, but there are some preventative pills you can get, right?

Guest no one

Nothing worse than ruining someone's day out due to sea sickness - I was sick on a raiders boat once, always taken travacalm since! Had people chuck on my boat too... Not nice!!

Yeah, I'd feel absolutely awful doing that, especially since they've kindly offered to take me out. I remember you suggesting that to others tef1on but I couldn't find which one it was in your posts. Cheers for the help guys!

Don't let it worry you roughstyler. I have not been seasick but have seen many who have been. I just feel sorry for their distress really.

Take the seasickness tabs and there are many many posts on here to read about member's little rituals that they do that stops their seasickness.

Go to the top right and type in "seasickness" where it says search and all the posts will come up.

Guest no one

I'm fine usually with the sea but I take one tablet before every trip without fail! Even keep 2 packs on the boat at all times. Every time someone comes out I pretty much tell them to take them!

Better safe than sorry!

Guest 4myson

Definitely got room for you tomorrow if your keen , won't be able to get on the water till 12 . My son's got his first footy game on tomorrow at 11 am at Kingsgrove & we'll be heading off straight after that . So if you can make it to Clemton Park on Moorefields Rd by 11:30 am Your more than welcomed to join us ... Just keep an eye out for a White SeaFox Boat , You Can't miss it !

Edited by 4myson

Guest 4myson

Hey Lucas , Hope you enjoyed yourself yesterday .... It was a slow day out there ,But as they say "THAT'S FISHIN " .. Anyway it was great to have you on board Me & Anthony enjoyed your company . By the way I did warn you my son will OUTFISH Both of us . Happy Othordox Easter Aswell ! Cheers , Sash ....

Guest 4myson

Great on you for taking the lad out!

Thanks Ed , Just wish it wasn't so quite out there yesterday since it was his first boat trip . At least we got a few out there & the best part he didn't even get sick !!

Guest 4myson

Thanks for having me on board, Sasha! It was an awesome day.

Tell Anthony we won't go so easy on him next time haha.

Anytime mate it was a Pleasure , as for Anthony he's still reminding me today who caught the biggest fish . Might have to leave him at the ramp next time .... Ha Ha .. With his LUCK he'll still probably OUTFISH us .......