Quality Aerator

SgtBundy

Do they exist? Most that I have seen in the shops seem to be all fairly similar cheap looking things, with most being the same model with a different brand stamped on it. The one I currently have simply has no sort of seal so despite multiple attempts to keep it alive (including replacing faulty switches and corroded wires) it just keeps failing and usually I only find out once I have something I want to keep alive.

Off the web the alvey ones look at least like they have tried to water proof it somewhat - are they ok? Can anyone recommend one that is decent or should I just accept unless I seal it up myself they are all the same cheap rubbish?

Just to clarify - I am looking for a portable one for land based. The current one I have is a small D-cell powered one that clips onto a 20L bucket. It has no rubber seals at all so even being in salty air gets to it, and mostly fails because it has a cheap rocker switch on top that corrodes inside fairly quickly, regardless of what I treat it with.

Looking for one that they have at least thought to rubber seal it and has a button that is at least waterproof.

I suggest looking at a small submersible pump and then putting a venturi on it.

It will circulate the water and also aerate it. Mostly the circulation is what is needed.

I use this setup on my silver perch tank.

What sort of voltage are you using?

At the moment 1.5V - a D cell. The ones I am looking at are the clip on type ones that hang outside the bucket and drop a hose + stone into the bucket. I was thinking to setup a more fixed one but I usually switch the bucket out to carry all my other crap when its not holding live bait.

The submersible ones i looked at were all 12V so that would mean having to carry something like one of the

jumpstarter packs. I guess then you'll need a beach trolley of some sort to carry everything

Or just get a boat and a keeper net ;-)

I tried a rapala one and one I bought from Kmart or big W the rapala died corroded out the cheap one is still going it has a rubber seal around the battery bay has two speeds and takes a D size battery aswell. If I get a chance tomorrow il take a pic of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Buy a new one. Douse it in INOX. Then get a small Plano dry box and drill a hole for tube. Won't clip to bucket so run a longer hose. If you need to carry it full then strap to lid of bucket...can keep spare batteries in box as well...

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...