First time for everything

Crossfire63

I've fished for a lot of years in a lot of places with some hard hitting fish

Yesterday at Bass Point on my 2nd cast this lure got hit by I don't know what, but the lure was straight when it came out of my tackle box.

I've had GT's, Jacks and Barra make a mess out off hard bodies but never seen a metal lure bend like that.

What ever it was I don't suppose I would have had much of a chance on 6lb gear

post-33391-0-01408400-1428386901_thumb.jpg

post-33391-0-77032500-1428386908_thumb.jpg

what is the lure made out of?

I'm curious about this because on 6lb line, theoretically the line should have snapped before there was enough force to bend the metal or plastic.

Unless he's had the whole lot in his mouth and taken a big chomp.

Could be anything. I think it's the way the fish has hit it, because as long as the fish applies force to two parts of the lure (like a lever) and not the line, it could theoretically snap the lure.

I have a theory that tailor are good at this as i find they torsion gang hooks apart. None the less lead lures are quite soft anyway. Could have been anything really, just hit the lure in an odd fashion?

Probably a lead mould. If a fish had half the lure on its mouth and was swimming across or away from the direction of the line pull there can be a pivot or folding point in the corner of the fishes jaw so the pressure of the fish and line can bend it. Was it easy to bend straight again ? Some of my knife jigs bend when I catch kingies and we just straighten them with our hands.