Blacksmiths Beach on fire

RexSenior

Hi Raiders

Just a quick report from my local Blacksmiths Beach on Easter Sunday night.

I had all but given up on fishing over the weekend as the rain didn't stop until midday Sunday. I called my uncle Les for his thoughts and he made my mind up for me "Stuff it, lets go fishing for the night down the beach and if it rains we will just soak it up!!".

We headed to the secret worm location and were lucky in catching our 20 worms each for once and bought 2kg of brined pillies on the off chance the tailor were on.

Fished from 6pm to 1am however our last fish was caught just after 9pm (this possibly had something to do with beer & his good friend bourben).

Caught my PB Tarwhine which went 42cm with a couple of his mates, a few bream, a flathead, sand crab, a dart and a few tailor! Happy days.

Cheers, James.

post-34486-0-55573000-1428398307_thumb.jpg

Cheers guys.

As for the dart my uncle loves them, the taste is similar to a trevally however I find them a lot of work for a small amount of boneless flesh.

Yes I remember plenty, not many things better than bunkering down in a great fishing area for the night with good company and having some luck on your side :)

After gaining the nickname Rex 20 years ago by schoolmates (which is now my 4yo son's name) and fishing most weekends of my life I'm still yet to land a jew - big or small! I've almost given up hope as I only fish land based and have had countless attempts with many techniques. The illusive catch..... I almost don't want to catch one now seeing as though I've built it up to be something so awesome it may not live up to expectations haha. My wife finds it funny every time I leave to go fishing to ask me if I'm going to catch that jew today.... I'd be cracking up if it wasn't me she was making fun of!

Nice catch, I did ok aswell, I was leaving that Beach on Sunday night around that time, I helped a guy bogged in his landcruiser ute, 2 mtrs from the waters edge at the entry to the beach and 2hrs before the high tide, he was sweating bricks lol

Guest 4myson

That's a Cracker of a Tarwine !!! Seeing those Tailor there maybe you should have cast 1 of those fillets out for that Elusive Jew .... Hang in there mate .

• 2 weeks later...

Hey mate nice bag of fish there. We were up that way during the Easter break at the same time and managed to land 2 Jews. No monsters but both legal fish, one went 79 and the other 76. Both caught on fresh squid strips. The jewies are definately along that stretch of beach for sure.

post-23511-0-11121000-1429576320_thumb.jpg

Edited by fishing steez