Anchor Light

Fab1

I've decided to mount my recently installed nav lights all round white light to the hand rail on my split windscreen if possible to avoid it shinning in my face and interfering with rods etc when fishing out the back.

My question is does it need to be installed in the middle of the boats centreline ? or is a foot out from the centreline ok to allow me to open the window for anchoring purposes?

Considering most small boats like mine have them installed on the starboard rear corner which are obstructed by things such as canopys,im guessing what I want to do will be fine as long as there's an unobstructed all round light that can be seen and in my opinion will be much better than down the back.

How do you guys have yours mounted?

I had the same problem, it was mounted down the back right in your eyesight. So I got a new one and mounted it on the plate with the rocket launchers. So much better can stay on and doesn't get in your eyes.

It's supposed to be on the centreline but providing it's close it won't matter. Just make sure it's up high and visible both when the boat's at anchor and underway. The higher the better, both for visibility and getting it out of your eyes.