Poly Wants A Back Deck

Whitto

Bluecod, you were right :blush:

When I tested the tilt it was with the wheel hard to starboard ... tilted the motor all the way up and then moved it all the way to port ... and it didn't touch at all.

This arvo I tilted it up with the rudder amidships and it "gained" over 40mm :1yikes:

After fixing that I did the hatch and secured the panels together ready for the carpet.

post-526-1127473533_thumb.jpg

post-526-1127473577_thumb.jpg

Finding the carpet is the next problem ... the original Polycraft stuff has a rubber backing ... the guy in Whitworths looked at me like I had asked for a toasted monkey :mad3:

Anyone know where I can find some ... carpet that is, not toasted monkey :074:

Whitto,

Glad you got the "tilt" sorted out before you went much further :1happybday:

You could try either Bias - but i think it will be the same as Whitworths, or Clark Rubber

Ummmmm - just another observation before you go any further, and you being an old cabinetmaker, it'll be probably be like teaching a master a thing or two :pokey: --- BUT [and you probably have enough bracing under it] the photos looks like the horizontal "seat" bit is fitted inside the vertical. Would you not get better vertical strength and support if the horizontal "seat" bit was fitted over the vertical. Still not too late as the carpet around the edges would fill in any gaps that may arise???

Edited by bluecod

Whitto,

Ummmmm - just another observation before you go any further, and you being an old cabinetmaker, it'll be probably be like teaching a master a thing or two  :pokey: --- BUT [and you probably have enough bracing under it] the photos looks like the horizontal "seat" bit is fitted inside the vertical. Would you not get better vertical strength and support if the horizontal "seat" bit was fitted over the vertical. Still not too late as the carpet around the edges would fill in any gaps that may arise???

68619[/snapback]

You are right Bluecod ... it is much stronger that way ... here's a better pic ...

post-526-1127475983_thumb.jpg

Bearers and Joists in our park, no slabs!!!! (not concrete ones anyway  :beersmile: ).

68625[/snapback]

Ozy,

I have never heard of either ... must be some other trade ... maybe you need a carpenter or builder or somesuch ... so, ummm I'm very sorry I can't help you build a new floor for your annex while I am on my holidays :devil:

I will drop by after every fishing trip to drink your grog and check on progress ... if you want I can take your boat for a spin every second day, just to keep it ready for when you finish the floor :thumbup: